Dear Mrs. Grinam Nicholson,
Firstly, we would like to congratulate your organization for having successfully completed the most recent round of the initial request for 115 MW of renewable generating capacity.
Secondly, we would like to query the following:
1. On the 27th of January 2016, the OUR reported having received a total of 17 bids in a media release titled: “OUR GETS 17 RENEWABLE ENERGY BIDS”. However, in the final media release on 9th May 2016, the OUR contradicts this by stating that it had received a total of 19 bits.
2. We also noted from the media release on the 27th January 2016 that Eight Rivers Energy Company Ltd submitted two (2) bids for solar PV (one for a 37MW and an alternative for 21MW). However, we also noted that the 33.1 MW Solar PV project they were selected to provide was not listed as one of the bids received in the media release on the 27th of January 2016.
3. What prevented the OUR from achieving the intended 37 MW of renewable energy capacity, given that over 300 MW of primary project proposals were reportedly received. And why no mention was made of how the OUR plans to achieve the remaining 4.9 MW. This is of concern because it is a large shortfall – by comparison, this size capacity is greater than the JPS owned wind farm in St. Elizabeth and all but two of the Island’s nine hydro plants.
As concerned citizens, we anxiously await your response to the issues raised above. Below, we have taken the liberty of including the links to the two media releases to which we referred to above.
1. OUR’s media release on 27th January 2016: http://www.our.org.jm/ourweb/sites/default/files/documents/news/media_release_-_37_mw_rfp_bid_opening_-_2016_jan_29.pdf
2. OUR’s media release on 9th May 2016: http://www.our.org.jm/ourweb/sites/default/files/documents/news/final_media_release_our_selects_preferred_bidder_in_response_to_
A copy of this email will be posted on our blog page @ www.xenogyre.com.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
Renewable Energy Blog