The following is a list of the five larges wind farms in the world:
1. The Alta Wind Energy Center is a wind farm located in Tehachapi Pass of the Tehachapi Mountains, in Kern County, California. As of 2013, it is the largest wind farm in the world, with a installed capacity of 1,320 megawatt (MW).
2. The Jaisalmer Wind Park located in Jaisalmer district, Rajasthan is India’s largest onshore wind farm and the second largest in the world with an Installed Capacity of 1,064 MW.
3. The Shepherds Flat Wind Farm is an 845 MW wind farm located in eastern Oregon,
US, in both Morrow and Gilliam counties, near Arlington.
4. The Roscoe Wind Farm in Roscoe, Texas, owned and operated by E.ON Climate & Renewables consist of 634 wind turbines and a total installed capacity of 781.5 MW.
5. The Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center is Texas second largest wind farm with installed capacity of 735.5 MW. It consists of 291 GE 1.5 MW wind turbines and 139 Siemens 2.3 MW wind turbines.